Chipotle Supply Chain Administration
Chipotle supply sequence
The following are three Chipotle
partners which have been early individuals and
followers of the traceability program.
GSF ‘'Golden Condition Foods''
Education Miniat, Inc. (Miniat)
• As one of the greatest diversified suppliers to the
foodservice industry, servicing 100+ buyers
and 25, 000+ restaurants on five continents,
Fantastic State Foods was one of the primary
distributors to get involved with Chipotle's
traceability program. Using a wide range of
product portfolios of liquid items, meat
products, produce and dairy, the company was
in a position to make significant contributions to
developing the task that is designed to work
for all types of products.
Impotence Miniat, Incorporation. (Miniat)
• Ed Miniat, Inc. (Miniat) was the initial Chipotle
provider to meet the case-labeling requirements
and currently had Batch/Lot traceability set up.
Miniat functions a value-added, meat facility in
Southern Holland, Illinois and its meat are featured
in nationally known food brands and
cafe chains. You�re able to send core ideals
continue to encompass business traditions of
honesty, integrity, good dealing, and quality that
began several generations before.
• OSI applied case-level traceability and integrated
its SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS AND PRODUCTS ERP system with the FoodLogiQ application
coding interface (API) to enable automated
Advance Dispatch Notice (ASN) directly to Chipotle through
a web-based app. This standard ASN
meaning is used as a substitute approach to
traditional Electronic Info Interchange (EDI) data
exchange. OSI started out its business as a family members meat
marketplace in 1909, and since that point one thing has
remained working: the company's unwavering
dedication to its customers' success. For this reason , many
from the world's leading brands consider OSI as their
premier global food supplier.
Chipotle's traceability implementation enables
the organization to trace fresh foods returning to
their unique source, such as the farm where
produce is definitely grown
Suppliers also provide Global Trade Item Numbers for each and every
and every kind of product most likely going for Chipotle kitchens – food substances, beverages as well as paper items. For
each supplier, locations and items are distinctively
• laying the first foundation intended for ultimately looking up a piece of • produce, for instance, back to the packing residence from
which in turn
• it absolutely was shipped, and even to the discipline where it had been grown.
• Within Chipotle's traceability program and also to track • incoming natural ingredients and also outbound
• suppliers must employ labels made up of the product term
• with the Global Trade Item Number® (GTIN®),
• number, and pack and/or use simply by date encoded in a
• bar code on each case of product.
• When we started purchasing naturally elevated
beef in 1999 we could scarcely find virtually any
suppliers that met each of our standards. We now have put a
lot of operate into poking, prodding, persuasive,
and occasionally making use of guilt to ranchers in
order to drive more and more suppliers to meet
each of our naturally brought up standards.
Dairy products Cattle
• A majority of the cheese and sour cream we
provide at Chipotle comes from pasture-raised
cows. Because of this cows possess daily access
to outdoor pastures, are never given added
hormones, and therefore are fed a great vegetarian, plantbased diet.
• By U. H. law, all chicken on the market today must be brought up
without added growth hormones. But we're choosing that
a step further simply by sourcing completely of our chicken breast from
facilities that raise them with out antibiotics either. We
also want to avoid any supplier that uses additional
additives within their feed, like arsenic. Some individuals see
this kind of as a way to generate chickens expand faster. We believe
arsenic noises a lot like toxin.
Occasionally we're going experience a supply deficit of our
naturally raised rooster, but we'll let you know inside the